Sunday, May 10, 2020

May Flowers


Hello Coffee Bean Design fans!

My name is Brandi M. aka The Craft Bean and I have a couple craftroom creation to share with you. I got a chance to play with the super sweet daffodil digital stamp by Coffee Bean Designs.


I started out by printing the images on card stock I used a 80 pound card stock but you can use any card stock that works with your printer.

I love coloring and as soon as I saw these floral images my Copic makers called to me. I also think these are beautiful when water colored. You can check out my blog to see that. I used 3 color blends, coloring from lightest to darkest then back to get an even blend.



Copic Marker Combs:
Jar: B01, B00, B0000 Leaves:G19, G29, YG09 Flowers: YR68, YR12, Y32



Since I had two images colored I decide to make two card. I cut one piece of 8 ½ by 11 craft card stock in half to get two A2 card base (4 ¼ by 5 ½) For the first card I trimmed the flowers in the jar down (2 7/8 by 4 3/8) and matted it on yellow card stock and adding a “Hello Friend” sentiment for an older Tim Holtz set. Then went digging through my scrap bin and found a plaid pattern paper that coordinated with my color pallet. I trimmed my scrap down to 2 by 5 ½ inked the edges with brushed corduroy Distress Ink. I adhered my plaid paper along the edge of the card and then used fun foam to pop up my focal point.



For my second card I fussy cut the floral image and inked the edges with a black water base maker to pretend I cut it out perfectly. I used more of the plaid paper along the bottom 3rd of the card to ground my flowers and stamped “Thinking of You” from another Tim Holtz set. For my focal point I added foam tape to the back of the flower and Tombow glue to the steams to add more depth to this simple card.

Thank you for letting me share my craftroom creations with you all! I will be back soon with more to share. If you just can't wait you can head over to my blog for a bonus card. If you are inspired to create to create with this or another Coffee Bean Designs you can find them here. You can also find me all over social media @TheCraftBean.
Happy Crafting!

Brandi M.
The Craft Bean

1 comment: