Friday, September 18, 2020

Fall Light

 

Becky Conley provided this cute fall tree image for us to use this month. And to me it said, “Wouldn’t I be perfect on a candle holder?” Absolutely!

I printed the image out on vellum and colored it in using my Ohuhu markers. Vellum works best if you color it in on the back side of the printed image. I then cut it out and ran it through the Xyron so that it would have all over adhesive.

I placed a circle the same size as the image onto a clean jar and painted the jar using acrylic paint. Any color will do - I used copper. I removed the blank circle and adhered the image onto the unpainted area of the jar.

I took some lace and glued it around the perimeter of the image. Using white cardstock, I cut out a circle to fit the lid of the jar. Then I punched out a scalloped circle from patterned cardstock and adhered it to the center of the white circle on the lid. I glued rickrack around the edge of the lid. Then I placed a flameless candle inside the jar.

Voila! A cute little candle holder.


These images aren’t just for cards. They can be used on various projects to brighten up your home.

So stop by our Etsy store today and pick out some lovely images to brighten yours - or someone else’s - life.

Happy crafting everyone.

Janet Clark - Lady Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment