Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Interactive Dream Catcher Shaker Card

Hey Crafty Friends, Jas here.
I'm back to show you an Interactive shaker card today.

The image I am using for this project is the dream catcher drawn by our very own illustrator Becky Conley. I Started by printing my image on alcohol marker friendly cardstock.

Continuing the rainbow theme from my earlier blog post this month I coloured the image with my Spectrum Noir Tri Blends (Dark Red Blend, Orange Blend, Pink Violet Blend, Blue Turquoise Blend) and added an older Spectrum Noir pen for my green (J1, 2 +3). After colouring the feathers I used the web lines of the dream catcher to follow over in the same colours to create this rainbow themed dreamcatcher.


Reaching for my pot of dies I pulled out the Heffy Doodle Stitched Rectangle dies and another favourite of mine the Bee Happy Hexagon Stitched Nesting dies. Starting with a smaller stitched rectangle to create the panel around the dream catcher to be the main focal point of my card.

Continuing with a larger stitched rectangle I cut the main panel for the card. I then took out 2 of the Hexagon dies, one to cut the shape into the main card panel and a slightly smaller one to cut the middle out of the larger hexagons so these could be stuck back on later completing the stitched affect across the card.

Now it was time to create the shaker element. I dont own acetate that is usually used however plastic wrapping of some sort works just as well and I save all those stamp sets clear packaging for just this purpose! Using double sided tape I stuck the clear sheet to the main card panel. I used double sided foam tape to stick the main panel to the card base and locking in the sequins within the hexagons. I chose red and white sequins as this is all I own in my stash!


To finish up I placed my dreamcatcher panel in the middle of the card and added the sentiment using the Heffy Doodle Stitched Alphabetters dies.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are able to take some inspiration from my blog today. 

Why not check out the other great blog posts by our design team members or join us over on Facebook at The Multi Crafters Craft Cafe for a range of talent and inspiration.

Jas 
x

https://theladybeans.blogspot.com

All images will be available later this month, keep an eye out on the blog for more details coming soon!

Other product links:

https://www.craftypurplefrog.co.uk/ourshop/cat_1538757-Spectrum-noir-Triblends.html

https://heffydoodle.com/shop/metric-stitched-rectangles-dies-eu-size-.html

https://heffydoodle.com/shop/stitched-alphabetters-dies.html

https://timeforteadesigns.co.uk/products/bee-happy-hexagon-stitched-nesting-dies

No comments:

Post a Comment