Friday, June 19, 2020

Shoes to Die for

Hello,
Coffee Bean Design's Fans!

Today is my last guest design team post for Coffee Bean Designs, I hope you have enjoyed all the craftroom creations I have shared over the last couple months. Today's craftroom creation is a card inspired by a pair of iconic red heels.



As soon as I saw the high heel shoe digital stamp I knew it need to be red. I started off by printing my digital stamps on white card stock. My color medium of choice is Copic markers but use whatever you enjoy coloring with.

Copic combos
R17, R27, R29, & R59
C7, C9, & 100



After the shoes were all colored, I covered them with clear wink of Stella and glossy accents. Glossy accents needs time to dry so I set the shoes aside and worked on another card, which you can find over on my blog.

For the background I cut down yellow card stock to 4 by 5 1/4 inches and pulled out my brick stencil by Kindred stamps. Next I inked my background with scattered straw and wild honey distress ink, blending in from the short sides of the yellow cardstock.

Once everything was dry I fussy cut the shoes out remembering to run a water based black marker along the edge to hide the white core of the cardstock. I cut and scored a black A2 card base and added my yellow brick background. To add more dimension to the focal point I glued one shoe down flat while popping up the other on foam. To grounded the focal image I created a sentiment on my computer and cut it into a strip to place under the shoes. I added a red heart gems to each shoes as a final detail.

I love the way this card came out and hope you did too. I want to say thank you all the ladies behind Coffee Bean Designs for letting me be a part of the guess design team. I enjoyed getting to share my craftroom creation with you all. If you want to see more of my work you can find me on social media @TheCraftBean.

Thanks
Brandi M.
The Craft Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment