Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Pink Perfume


Hello all!

I am back with another craftroom Creation featuring Coffee Bean Design digital stamps, For my cards today I played with the perfume jars collection.



To start off you'll need to print your images out I recommend on card stock, I used 80 pound white card stock but you can use whatever you have. I find coloring relaxing so I choose to use my Copic markers to color in these images. I am working on improving my pink blends (RV/R) since I struggle with them a bit and practice makes progress.

Heart Jar: RV11, R83, R85, RV34, R59, W1, W3, W5
Tear Drop Jar: RV02, RV04, RV06, RV19, N2, N5,C7 C9

I find with the RV/R color family I need to use more colors to get the blend I want. I tried 3 and 4 marker blends and they work but I wasn't getting the depth I wanted. I added another marker to my blends and got much better dimension. I notice with the RV/R color family the lighter colors pick up  more of the darker color than with other color families. When coloring I went lightest to darkest then back out but didn't color over the previous area just blended out the edge. After my images were all colored I added details with my white gel pen and a small “kisses” stamp.



These images are easy to fussy cut out but even if it's not perfect just run a water based black marker along the edge to cover the white core of the paper and it will look perfect.



If you are anything like me you have plenty of pattern paper hanging out in you craftspace, so use it! I pulled out scraps from the “Me and You” collection by “Me And My Big Ideas” to created 3 cards, you can find the bonus card over on my blog. I cut my scraps down to make layers for an A2 card (4 ¼ by 5 ½ inches) and uses foam tape to pop up my colored jars. Once I had the placement for my heart jar I colored in a shadow on the pattern paper to ground it.

Using digital stamps along with pattern paper scraps is a great way to make easy beautiful cards. I hope you enjoyed these cards. If you want see more of my craft room creation you can follow me on social media @TheCraftBean.

Happy Crafting
Brandi M.
The Craft Bean


No comments:

Post a Comment