Thursday, April 09, 2020

Annie collins! You have inspired me

I have had a wonderful time with this image drawn and designed by our very own Annie collins one of our original lady beans. 
I started with the above digital file. I printed off several of the files and cut them all out . I wasn't sure what I wanted to do but got very struck with the idea of printing the image onto some vellum. I decided to quill, using 3mm assorted colour quilling paper so I made lots of leaves and a large red flower . I then coloured the bunny and quilled him a tale in white. I added all the leaves and the red flower with pva glue. I then made 2 black card surrounds on my brother machine by cutting out 4 larger egg shapes and then cutting the centre's in a slightly smaller than the image in an egg shape. I then glued the images inside the black card and decided to use these as Easter window decorations. When held to the light you can see all the shapes in the quilling making great patterns.
       I am really pleased how they both turned out


Really inspired by both the images and the quilling I decided to make 2 Easter cards . These where done pretty much the same as the window decorations. Instead of vellum I used card . I doubled up a large piece of card and cut out an egg shape with a flat bottom, keeping the card joined at the top .


I backed both hand cut card blanks with pink and yellow paper. I quilled a yellow flower and coloured in the leaves . I then cut out the bunny and coloured him in. 
Using sticky pads I stuck it to the bunny image making him more 3D . I then coloured in the leaves . I made 2 happy Easter banners on my laptop and printed then out on vellum . I added the banners and images to the backed card added nuvo drops to the flower buds and once they where dry sprayed both card with glitter spray.

I was still inspired to make more so I decided to try my hand at a shaker card. I first cut out 2 egg shapes as above on my brother machine in card . I then cut out 2 acetate eggs larger than the middle. I added some Easter mini cut outs to the centre of the acetate and sealed the acetate inside the card egg shapes . I coloured the image and stuck it onto the back of the acetate. I then cut out another egg shaped card blank and added the image to the card. I cut out a glittered surround which I glued around the image and added a banner slightly off set.
 

I am really happy how all of my projects turned out. 
you can purchase these wonderful images on the Multi Crafters Craft Cafe . Just look in the album's and you will find lots of other images done by Annie Collins and our other resident Artist Judy Markowitz. Thank you so much for looking. Stay safe and keep crafting!!! 

3 comments: