Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Happy Mother's Day!


This is Jacqueline for the Coffee Beans. I am new to the team and am so excited to share my creations with you. I am beyond excited to be on the team!

For this funny Mother's Day card I used Love Monsters by Bugaboo Stamps. Bugaboo creates really adorable images. This year, I wanted to give my mother a fun Mother's Day card and I think this one is just perfect. My mother is from Twickenham, England, so we celebrate Mother's Day twice. We live in the US and our Mother's Day is on May, while in the UK it is in March. Such fun!

I created a 6x6 card using paper from my stash. I matted the floral purple paper with black paper. I typed the sentiment on my computer. I often type my own sentiments. I wanted something funny to go with this stamp. I used a purple button to accentuate the sentiment, which I also matted in black. Buttons can be a fun embellishment to use. To keep the button in place I used fabric glue.

I used my hodgepodge of Spectrum Noir markers to color the monsters. I think that Spectrum Noir ink is very rich and intense. I colored on Copic XPress It paper. The image is printed at 4 inches.

I used the following colors:

Blueish Green Monster - AB1, AB2, LV3, CT1, and CT3
Green Monster - LB1, LB2, LB3, BGR1, and BGR2
Pink Monster - CR4, CR5, CR6, LG2, and LG3
Tan Monster - F6, F7, F8, HB1, and HB2 with a touch of LV1 for the eyes.
Purple Monster - HB1, HB2, HB3, LV1, LG1, and LG2

When I color, I try to think of where my light source is coming from. It makes it easier to shade if you decide how you want the light to shine on your image. I generally start with my lightest shade, move to my medium, and then followed by the darkest shade. I put 2 or 3 layers on as I color. I think the more layers the richer the colors look.

I hope that my mother likes this card. I also want to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day this year.

Please follow me on my Face Book Creative Paper Crafting with JacquiePlease join in on the fun at The Coffee Bean Challenge Blog and in the Facebook group Multi Crafters Craft Cafe 

Until next time, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment