Friday, March 27, 2020

Fresh and Springy Tulips Altered Paint Brush


Welcome Back Friends,

Robin here with The Coffee Beans sharing a fresh and springy altered paintbrush. I used the beautiful Tulips digi stamp from our own Annie Collins which can be found on the Facebook Page The Multi Crafters Craft Cafe, go to photos, click albums, look for The Coffee Bean Stamp Machine, scroll till see the tulip set.



Supplies: Paintbrush, old and painty or a new one that can be painted up.
                Paint of your choice
                Foam brush
                Lace, ephemera, embellishments, digi image, ribbon
                Hot glue gun

What I did: I painted my new brush, here and there. I painted the bristle of the brush to match, just the top layer and then along the bottom of the bristles.

Using a heat gun, I dried the brush top and sides. I then carefully hit the bristles with heat which then caused the bristle to melt and shrink a bit, making it looked like it had been used.

Then taking care I scrap paint off  here and then further adding to the used look.

I then colored my tulips using an eye make up applicator and distress oxide ink, starting at the bottom and blending up.

Using the glue gun I adhered the lace, arranged the tulips gluing down, added the ephemera, the ribbon for the hanger and there you have it!

Thank You for visiting and as always I appreciate your kind comments.

Until Next Time......

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment