Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Happy Witch Hat


 Hello my crafty friends,

This month we get to use some very cute digis by Sarah Kay. So the first thing that I thought of was a witch hat shaped card adorned with Sarah’s adorable digis.


I printed the digis onto 65# cardstock, colored them using my Ohuhu markers, then cut them out. I used the following colors:

  • Large cat pumpkin sucker: 17, 22, 55, 69, 77, 82, 87, and 94
  • Small bow: 57 and 64
  • Small flower with eye center: 56 and 68
  • Large flower with eye center: 82 and WG1
  • Candy corn: 8, 23, and 86
  • Call out shape: 10, 53, and CG2
  • Word “SUCKER”: 86
  • Word “BOO”: 82
  • Words “You are tiful”: 65

I went online and searched for a free witch hat image. In Publisher, I pulled in the witch hat and sized it at about 5” tall (to fit easily on half of the 11” of an 8-1/2” x 11” sheet of 65# cardstock). I folded the card just above the hat peak then cut around the hat (leaving a good size border) to create a shaped card. I adhered the digis to the font of the hat using 3D foam tape.

For the card inside, I cut out the “I’m a SUCKER For you” using shape scissors for the border. I inked the border of the saying using Distress Ink in the color Black Soot. I glued the saying to the bottom of the inside of the card.

I am very happy with the way this card turned out. I hope you like it.

And please take a few minutes and go to our Etsy shop to see all the delightful images available there.

Happy crafting all,

Janet Clark -  Lady Bean

1 comment:

  1. Really love what you have done with this Janet. Colours are amazing! X

    ReplyDelete