Wednesday, September 25, 2019

This my very first time posting on a blog and come to think of it it is my first time posting in a design team! The best of it is I had to create ( with the very much needed help of Martha Gomez Hernandez) said design team to get in one lolol! So here I am presenting my very first project . Our Design team have been very fortunate in having a great sponsor for our first chakenge . A word shaped card, the word being Coffee which I thought very appropriate for our first challenge. It was provided by The cutting Cafe from a design from the very talented Regina Easter.

Firstly I printed out the file and choose what I wanted from the file. I really loved the idea of a Halloween based card as the season is pretty much on our doorstep.  So I set to cutting out, by hand I might add! Lol. Using a knife and a small pair of embroidery scissors I cut out the front of the card only . I left the back in one piece to make it easier to add a sentiment.


I coloured the front if the card with Spectrum noir tri blend alcohol pens . I stamped out a coffee cup from craft creations . I then drew a pumpkin and a witches hat , which was also coloured by spectrum noir alcohol pens. I layered them onto the front of the card using cushion glue pads from Hobby craft.  I hand cut the sentiments and along with an added , pumpkin spice tag I stuck them  to the card using tape adhesive from Hobby craft. 

Once I had finished the card I couldn't resist having a little play with the camera and adding a few spooky bits to the mix . I really enjoyed this project and cannot wait for the next one .Thank you for stopping by and seeing what I have been up to . I hope you like what I have put together.

5 comments: